Good food is in our blood!
Kate’s Kitchen was set up in 2007 by chef Kate Ploughman to offer top quality catering -regardless of an event’s location or scale.
A passion for food has passed down the generations to Kate. Her grandmother was well- trained in farmhouse cooking, while her mother grew home-grown fruit and veg.
Kate went on to work as a chef in top bistros and restaurants in Bristol – and as far afield as New Zealand. She studied Hospitality Management at Bath College and then the University of Gloucestershire.
As she further honed her cooking skills, she became convinced that cost-effective catering could recreate food on a par with top class restaurants.
Kate’s Kitchen creates food that is good for your taste buds, tummy, wallet and planet.
Today, Kate is joined by a team, including a kitchen manager, chefs, office manager, delivery driver and waitresses.
Determined to be better
Coming up with creative menus was only part of the Kate’s Kitchen story. The team is committed to offering top class service too.
Kate’s Kitchen is attentive to individual requests and delivers on its promises.
Kate’s Kitchen has been awarded a maximum five star rating for food hygiene by the recognised Scores on the Doors.
Kate’s Kitchen is a business designed around food cooked in our kitchen using locally sourced ingredients whenever possible:
- Menus change according to seasonal food supplies
- Real food made on site with care, love and attention
- Our dried goods come from Essential Trading - All their products are ethically traded, GMO free warranty and nothing is air freighted
- All our meat is free range from Origin Butchers
- Special dietary requirements are accommodated
- We use Shipton Mill organic flour and organic sugar in all our desserts and cakes
- Staff are selected according to their sensibilities as well as their skills
- Consumables, inc. food containers, are recycled and reused where possible - SUSTAIN
- All our employees are paid at or over the Living Wage
- We are sensitive about the efficient use of transport in our delivery services
- Our paper plates, coffee cups and napkins are 100% compostable.
- Our tea is fair trade and our coffee Rainforest Alliance